This area gives you access to various documents that are part of the evidence base for Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2), and which directly concern Winchester. These include reports and studies produced by Winchester City Council and more will be added as they become available.
The preparation of LPP2 follows on directly from Local Plan Part 1 (Joint Core Strategy) and includes new or revised development management policies and site-specific development allocations based on Winchester's needs
The Council’s Local Plan Part 1, adopted in 2013, establishes the planning strategy for Winchester, including housing targets for the next 20 years, together with a requirement for sufficient land to meet economic and retail needs. Current work suggests there is no need to release any significant new greenfield sites to meet the Town’s housing, employment or retail targets. These will mostly be provided for on sites already identified such as Barton Farm, Silver Hill and the Station Approach area.
In order to inform this process a consultation took place to discuss future planning issues for Winchester Town. A series of meetings and exhibitions were held and the results have been assessed and written up in a Consultation Report which can be viewed in the attachments section at the bottom of this page (along with a copy of the Winchester Town Exhibition Boards ).
There are various studies and projects which are relevant to Winchester town (including an updated Station Approach Development Assessement) and these can be viewed either in the attachment section below or here:
- Stanmore Planning Framework
- Abbotts Barton Planning Framework
- Winchester Station Approach Development Assessment Sept 2014
- Winchester Retail Study Update 2014
- Winchester Built Facilities Assessment 2014
- Major Sites and Projects (Barton Farm)
- New Council Housing
- Leisure Centre Project
- Open Space Assessment
- Assessment of Windfall Trends and Potential in Winchester
- Winchester Town Transport Assessment and Accessibility Map
- Winchester Town Landscape Assessment
- Winchester Town Historic Environment Assessment