The Winchester District Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy covers Winchester District including the area that now lies in the South Downs National Park (SDNP) and has been adopted both by Winchester City Council and by the SDNP Authority. The area covered by the SDNP will have its own Local Plan in due course, which will then supersede the part of this Plan covering the National Park.
The Local Plan Part 1 is the long term strategic plan for development within Winchester District, and includes the strategic vision, objectives and the key policies needed to achieve sustainable development in Winchester District to 2031. It identifies the amount of development, broad locations for change, growth and protection, including allocating strategic sites. Local Plan Part 1 does not allocate smaller sites or set development management policies as these will be agreed through Local Plan Part 2.
To get to this stage of the Local Plan, a considerable amount of work and consultation has been carried out, including; Frontloading; Issues and Options; Preferred Option; Blueprint; Plans4Places; and Pre-Submission.
The Plan went through Examination by an independent Inspector during October/November 2012. The Council received the Planning Inspector's final report on 11th February 2013 and subsequently adopted the Plan on 20 March 2013. The adopted version of the Plan is available to view / download on the Adoption Page below.
- Adoption of Local Plan Part 1- Joint Core Strategy The Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy has now been adopted by both Winchester City Council and the South Downs National Park. This page includes a copy of the Local Plan Part 1 and details of the formal adoption process.
- Examination Following submission of the Plan, a Public Examination was conducted by an independent Inspector appointed by the Planning Inspectorate. The Inspector's final report dated 11th February 2013 has now been received.
- Planning Inspector's Report The Council has received the final report from the Inspector with his findings and recommendations following the Public Examination held in Oct / Nov 2012.
- Submission These web pages will take you to the Submission documents of the Local Plan Part 1- Joint Core Strategy, submitted to the Secretary of State on the 18 June 2012
- Pre-submission The pre-submission version of the Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy is a formal stage of producing the Joint Core Strategy.
- Blueprint A community engagement toolkit designed by us focussing on 'localism'.
- Preferred Option The Preferred Option sets out for the first time the complete Core Strategy.
- Plans for Places Plans for Places considers the responses to Blueprint from both residents and businesses.
- Issues and Options Results from the Issues and Options consultation from 2008
- Live for the Future Information from the February and March 2007 series of community events.