New machine trials
In Colebrook Street and St. Peter Street car parks, Winchester City Council are trialling a new method of payment in our pay machines for a 3 month period.
One machine in each car park has been converted to accept credit/debit card payments which also includes new contactless technology. The other change is that you no longer have to pay up front for the time that you think you might be staying for.
This new system allows you to ‘check-in’ by swiping your bank card and then confirming your vehicle registration. When you return to your car prior to leaving the site you swipe again to give you your ‘check-out’ time. This then gives the amount you will be debited on your receipt.
Points to remember
- You will need your vehicle registration
- Place ticket in vehicle but retain the ‘reminder’ portion
- Check out by using the same debit/credit card
The benefits are
- Less cost to you (as you are only being charged the tariff for the time you are parked)
- More flexible methods of payment
- No need to feel restricted in returning to the vehicle if your Pay & Display ticket is about to run out.
- The machine still acts as a Pay & Display machine and accepts coins
Please be advised that customers will be charged the maximum amount for the car park if they fail to ‘check-out’ before they leave. Any feedback please send to email@example.com
Chesil Street surface car park
The car park on Chesil Street closed in February 2016 as part of the council's current Parking Strategy.
Alternative parking for disabled drivers can be found in the Chesil Multi Storey car park next door, along with additional bays for motorbikes and parent/child parking.
The following link gives further detail for the development of the site. http://www.winchester.gov.uk/housing/new-affordable-housing/new-council-housing-extra-care/
- CCTV Winchester City Council CCTV network. Providing safety and security for both residents and visitors.
- Chesil Quarter Car Park Survey Users of the Chesil Street Surface Car Park and the Chesil Multi Storey Car Park were invited to complete a questionnaire to inform investigations into the possibility of consolidating car parking within the area. This survey is now closed and the results are available.
- RingGo Park & Ride Phone Parking Payments RingGo Park & Ride (P&R) is a quick and easy mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your P&R parking and bus journey with a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
- Winchester District Car Parking Strategy The Winchester District Car Parking Strategy provides a framework for decision making in the period 2014 to 2018
- Park Mark® - Safer Parking Awards Twenty three of Winchester City Council's car parks have been awarded Park Mark Safer Parking Awards.
- Park and Ride There are four P&R car parks: South Winchester, Pitt, and the East Winchester car parks - Barfield and St Catherine's. There are now 1848 P&R parking spaces now available.
- Car Parks There is a range of parking in Winchester including the four Park and Ride sites. There are Pay and Display and Pay on Foot car parks, and now it is possible to pay by phone.
- Residents Parking Parking options for residents in the Winchester area including how to apply for permits and season tickets, and how to renew and cancel them.
- Parking Permits and Season Tickets There are various parking options available to purchase if you are a resident, business or organisation living or situated within Winchester. If you travel to Winchester regularly, there are various car park and park & ride season ticket options offering a discount on the daily tariff.
- Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) How to pay a PCN, or how to make an appeal if you feel you have grounds for the Council to consider cancelling a penalty charge.
- Pay by Phone Rather than having to put money into a pay and display machine, you can use your mobile phone – which means no more worrying about whether you are carrying the correct change as the cost of parking is simply charged to your credit or debit card.
- On-Street Parking (Bays) As well as the numerous car parks and park and ride sites in Winchester it is also possible to park on-street in certain locations.
- Disabled Parking Where to park in Winchester if you are a disabled driver or passenger and information on the Blue Badge Scheme.
- Other Parking Facilities Information on Parent/Child spaces, dual use spaces, electric vehicles, parking motorcycles, motorhomes, coaches and lorries in the Winchester district.
- Real Time Car Park Availability Car park availability information provided by Romanse.