Renewals, Refunds & Lost or Stolen, Change of Details for Permits or Season Tickets

  • Renewing a Permit or Season Ticket

    The responsibility for renewing a residents permit or season ticket rests with the individual permit/ticket holder. However we aim to send out renewal forms approximately three weeks before a permit/ticket expires.

    To apply for a Residents Permit or Season Ticket renewal, please download the relevant application form from the right and submit with payment and requried document(s).

    We recommend that applications for renewal be made two weeks in advance so that we can process your application before the expiry of the permit or ticket.

    When renewing, you will need to submit a signed renewal form, payment and proof of residence. Proof of Residence is required to be submitted with all applications for renewal. If renewing a Resident Permit or Season Ticket and your vehicle is different from that shown on your existing permit/ticket, proof of vehicle ownership/keepership must also be included. Suggested documents are listed within the application forms.

  • Refunds

    If you move out of Winchester's permit parking area you must return all your permits or resident season tickets to Winchester City Council so that any new residents of the address can apply for their own permits.

    For the on-street parking permits, you will receive a refund of the value for the unexpired period remaining on your permit(s) if the total value is £10 or more. Refunds are not available for unused visitor scratchcard permits.

    For a resident season ticket, your refund will be calculated pro rata for each whole month remaining from the date the ticket is received at Winchester City Council.

    Refunds will be made by way of cheque within 14 days of receipt of returned permit(s) and application for refund.

    Download Refund Application Form on the right.

    Refunds will not be processed if the permit(s)/ticket(s) is not returned.

  • Lost or Stolen 

    A duplicate permit or season ticket may be issued where a permit/ticket has been lost, stolen or damaged. The existing permit/ticket will be made invalid upon issue of the duplicate. Any vehicle observed displaying an invalid permit/ticket may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.

    If you have lost your permit or season ticket, please download and complete the application form below.

    A duplicate will not be issued for any lost Visitor Scratchcard permits.

    The fee for duplication of any permit or season ticket is £10. A stolen permit/ticket may be duplicated free of charge if a valid police crime reference number is provided at the time of request for duplication. The issue of a duplicate permit/season ticket is at the discretion of Winchester City Council.

  • Change of Vehicle or Address

    Change of Vehicle

    If you change your vehicle, your existing Resident Permit or Resident Season Ticket must be returned to Winchester City Council either in person or by post for a replacement permit to be issued with the new vehicle registration mark.

    Proof of vehicle ownership/keepership must be supplied along with the original permit/ticket. The Change of Permit Details form shows a list of documents that may be considered. Please complete this and return to the Council the permit or season ticket that needs to be altered to show the new vehicle. If unable to apply for an immediate replacement permit/season ticket, you may make the following changes to your permit:

    1. Scratch off the panel "CHANGE OF VEHICLE"
    2. Enter the registration mark of your new vehicle in black or blue ink in the box "NEW REG. NO."
    3. Enter the date of this action in black or blue ink in the box "DATE".

    This will validate the permit for a period of ten days to allow an application to be made. For on-street permit holders, during this time you may use a Visitors' permit to ensure vehicle compliance.

    Change of Address

    Moving to a property within one of winchester's permit parking zones:
    If you move to a different permit parking zone or within your current zone, provided the new address qualifies for the same type of permit/season ticket, a replacement permit/season ticket will need to be issued . You will need to provide confirmation of your new address and return the original permit/season ticket. The Change of Permit Details form shows a list of documents that may be considered. Please complete this and return to the Council all permits/tickets issued to your previous residence.

    Moving to a property with different permit/season ticket entitlement or outside of the permit parking area:
    If you move to an address where you are no longer applicable for the resident on-street permits or season tickets, you can apply for a refund for the calculated value reamining on the permit/season ticket.

    Replacement permits/season tickets are issued free of charge.