Disabled Parking Badge Holders - On-Street Parking
Disabled Parking Blue Badge Scheme
The Blue Disabled Badge schemes provides national parking concessions for those with severe walking difficulties who travel either as a driver or passenger. The scheme also applies to the registered blind and a limited number of other qualifiers. The national concessions apply only to on-street parking. Many local authorities have concessions in addition to the national scheme specific to that area only.
Concessions available in the Winchester District
- Badge holders may park without time limit in bays where time limits are imposed on other users. (Badge must be displayed).
- Badge holders may park free of charge and without time limit at "pay-and-display" on street parking (Badge must be displayed)
- Badge holders may park on single or double yellow lines for up to three hours in England and Wales except where there is a ban on loading or unloading. (Badge must be displayed together with parking disc showing time of arrival)
On-Street Local Concessions available in the Winchester District
- Badge holders may park in residents' permit parking bays without time limits.
Badges must be displayed on top of the dashboard or fascia panel of the vehicle with the front facing forward so that the relevant details are legible from the outside of the vehicle. If the vehicle does not have a dashboard or fascia panel you must exhibit the badge in a conspicuous position on the vehicle so that the relevant details are legible from outside the vehicle.
Disabled Badge Holders only spaces
Certain bays within Winchester High Street (The Broadway) and Market Lane have been provided for use solely by Disabled Badge holders.
Where you may not park
There are certain areas or locations within the District where there is no concession:
- Do not park on double yellow lines where there is a loading ban in force. A loading ban is indicated by a single or double yellow stripe on the kerb and a nearby plate will give the times when a loading ban is in force. Generally in the centre of Winchester this is at the peak traffic times between 7.30am and 9.30am and 4.30pm and 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday.
- Do not park on any bus stop or other clearways
- Do not park on any pedestrian crossings including zig-zag marked areas
- Do not park in parking place where parking has been suspended.
- Do not park in bays that are reserved for specific use such as loading bays (located in The Square, Friarsgate, Water Lane and Jewry Street) or taxi ranks
- Some areas of Winchester High Street, including from the junction with St Thomas Street and the junction with Jewry Street; and the westerly junction with Colebrook Street to the junction with Market Street, are pedestrian zones between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Saturday. Between these times the area is restricted to use by buses and specially authorised vehicles only. Badge holders may not drive or park within these areas during the restricted times.
- Silver Hill is a pedestrian zone with no vehicular access except for buses, taxis, HGVs, vehicles displaying special access permits issued by Winchester City Council and other exempt vehicles. Disabled badge holders are not permitted to access or wait within Silver Hill at any time
- Do not park on any school "Keep Clear" markings during the hours shown on nearby No Stopping plates
- Do not park adjacent to any dropped kerbs
Disabled parking queries
If you have any queries about parking facilities for the disabled please contact us on 01962 848 346, Fax 01962 865 387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dial-a-Ride service is available for mobility impaired people who have difficulty getting on or off buses, or to bus stops.
For more information visit the Dial-a-Ride website (see the link below).
Telephone 01962 852 602 (9am - 12.30pm only, answer machine at other times).
For further information please contact Parking Services, Winchester City Council, Colebrook Street, Winchester.
Parking Services Opening Times:
Monday to Friday 9.00am-4.00pm
Saturday and Sunday closed
|waca.org.uk||Dial a Ride - WACA website|
|Some of the following documents are in pdf format. You can download and install a free PDF reader to enable you to read and print them. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader.|
|Disabled Parking Leaflet - Winchester||1.1MB||
56Kbps Modem: 2 Minutes 51 Seconds
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute