Small grants up for grabs
Press Release: 31/05/2016
Do you need money (up to £500) for a one-off activity, new piece of equipment, or for a community activity? The deadline is 12 noon on Tuesday 14 June.
This grant stream is for one-off activities or pieces of equipment. You may wish to apply for a health related activity, a new/additional piece of equipment for a sports club, promotional material for an arts event / project or a community activity.
Portfolio Holder for Estates and Local Economy, Cllr Steve Miller said:
“The small grants have been a valuable source of funding for smaller organisations which has enabled a multitude of activities across the district”.
Below is a list of some organisations and activities we have previously funded:
• Alresford Historical & Literary Society – Literature Festival
• Worthys Youth FC - equipment
• Carroll Centre – Barista and customer focused training
• Corhampton & Meonstoke Parish Council – Queen’s 90th Birthday celebration
• Twyford Waterworks Trust – Marquee to provide additional space for tea room
• Denmead Parish Council – First aid training for residents
• Durley Parish council - Queen’s 90th Birthday celebration
• Winchester Churches Nightshelter – Promotional film to recruit volunteers
Melissa Fletcher, Funding & Development Officer said:
“The small grants are an essential source of funding for groups who just need a little bit of money for an activity or piece of equipment. We have a very healthy demand for this type of funding and where possible we try to support as many applications as we can”.
This is the first round of funding which will be managed through our new Grant Management Software. During the testing phase a local community group said:
“Over the past year I have submitted numerous on line grant applications to various organisations on behalf of my organisation but I found this the easiest I have come across to navigate and complete. Congratulations to all concerned”.
To apply and to find out more, visit:
For further information and assistance, please contact: Melissa Fletcher, 01962 848 492, firstname.lastname@example.org, (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).