City Council Cabinet announced
Press Release: 19/05/2016
Winchester City Council’s new Cabinet has been announced by the Leader, Cllr Stephen Godfrey.
The full Cabinet is:
• Cllr Stephen Godfrey, Leader – Finance and Corporate Policy
• Cllr Vicki Weston, Deputy Leader – Built Environment
• Cllr Steve Miller – Estates and Local Economy
• Cllr Frank Pearson – Environment, Health and Well-being
• Cllr Rob Humby – Business Partnerships and Policy Co-ordination
• Cllr James Byrnes – Transport and Professional Services
• Cllr Caroline Horrill – Housing
Cllr Godfrey said:
My Cabinet will focus on three key areas: supporting the local economy, improving the way the Council works, and supporting people who need our help. We will strive to sustain and enhance Winchester’s reputation as a great place to live, work and visit. We will make best use of council taxpayers’ money and ensure the Council’s services are the best they can be. We will continue our programme of building new council homes, support for apprenticeships and helping people back into work while also caring for the environment.
Cllr Godfrey added:
Following events over the last couple of years, there has been some real improvement in the way that the Council works and engages with residents. We will work harder than ever to continue that progress, making Winchester a better place for everyone.”