Grants to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday
Press Release: 12/02/2016
Do you need up to £500 for a one-off activity, new piece of equipment or community activity to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday?
The final round of Winchester City Council’s small grants scheme is now open for applications from not-for-profit or voluntary organisations, with an application deadline of Monday 7 March 2016.
Decisions will be advised in the week of 14 March with money to be committed by the end of March. This is a fast-track small grant scheme and organisations must be able to turn round the grant paperwork quickly.
This scheme is for one-off activities or pieces of equipment with grants available up to £500. People may wish to apply for a health-related activity, a new or additional piece of equipment for a sports club, promotional material for an arts event/project or a community activity to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday.
Winchester City Council’s Portfolio Holder for Local Economy, Cllr James Byrnes, said: “The small grants have proven invaluable; we endeavour to fund a wide range of organisations and activities across the district. This is also an opportunity for organisations to engage with their local community and commemorate the Queen’s 90th birthday.”
Below is a list of some organisations and activities which have been funded previously:
- Nightshelter, Winchester - First aid training for residents
- Olive Branch, Winchester - Supervision skills training for volunteers
- Winchester Nepalese Ladies’ Group, Winchester Town - New group support
- Village Hall Events for All – Community- led Diamond Jubilee celebrations
- Cheriton Diamond Jubilee Fund - Volunteer- led street party for the Diamond Jubilee
- Boarhunt Parish Council Jubilee- Party in the Park community event to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee
- Twyford Community - Jubilee Festival in Hunter Park
Melissa Fletcher, Funding & Development Officer for Winchester City Council, said:
The small grants are an essential source of funding for groups who just need a little bit of money for an activity or piece of equipment. We have a very healthy demand for this type of funding. We try to support as many applications as we can.
Apply on line or download the application form. To find our further information, visit:
For assistance please contact: Melissa Fletcher, 01962 848 492, firstname.lastname@example.org, (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).