Grants available from City Council
Press Release: 05/05/2015
Grants from Winchester City Council of up to £500 are available to not-for-profit and voluntary organisations in the district to support their work.
Winchester City Council is inviting applications by Monday 1 June for the first round of its 2015 ‘small grants’ scheme.
This grant stream is for one-off activities or pieces of equipment.
Applications might be for a health-related activity, a new or additional piece of equipment for a sports club, promotional material for an arts event or project, or a pilot for a new community activity.
Previously grants have funded a wide range organisations and activities across the district such as:
- Gratton Trust, Sutton Scotney – Sports taster sessions for children
- Nightshelter, Winchester – First aid training for residents
- Olive Branch, Winchester – Supervision skills training for volunteers
- Southwick D Day 70 – D-Day commemoration event
- Sparsholt cricket club – Junior training equipment
- Wessex Cancer Trust, Winchester – Therapy bed
- Winchester Film & Art CIC – Technical assistance
- Winchester Nepalese Ladies’ Group – new group support
- Live Theatre Winchester – Community workshop day, Winnall Primary School
Melissa Fletcher, Funding & Development Officer for Winchester City Council, said:
The small grants are an essential source of funding for groups who just need a little bit of money for an activity or piece of equipment. We have a very healthy demand for this type of funding. We try to support as many organisations and activities as possible.”
To find out how to apply, visit:
Apply on line or download the application form. For further assistance contact: Melissa Fletcher, 01962 848492, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.