City Council Cabinet announced
Press Release: 22/05/2015
Winchester City Council’s new Cabinet has been announced by the Leader, Cllr Stephen Godfrey.
The full Cabinet is:
- Cllr Stephen Godfrey, Leader – Finance and Corporate Policy
- Cllr Vicki Weston, Deputy Leader – Service Delivery
- Cllr Steve Miller - Estates
- Cllr Frank Pearson – Environment, Health and Wellbeing
- Cllr Michael Read – Built Environment
- Cllr James Byrnes – Local Economy
- Cllr Caroline Horrill – Housing
Cllr Rob Humby will support the Cabinet in a Business Liaison role working closely with Cllr Byrnes.
Cllr Godfrey said:
My Cabinet will focus on three key areas: supporting the local economy, making the most of our resources, and supporting people who need our help.
We will strive to sustain and enhance Winchester’s reputation as a great place to live, work and visit.
We will make best use of council taxpayers’ money and ensure the Council’s services are the best they can be.
We will continue our programme of building new council homes, support for apprenticeships and helping people back into work while also caring for the environment through initiatives such as ‘the Great Waste’.”
Cllr Godfrey added:
In the light of recent experiences, we will work harder than ever to consult appropriately and effectively on key decisions and take account of people’s views.