Winchester Local Plan Part 2 – consultation on draft
Press Release: 10/10/2014
Public consultation on Winchester’s Local Plan Part 2 will start on Friday 24 October and run for six weeks ending on Friday 5 December 2014.
The Local Plan Part 2 – Development Management and Site Allocations (LPP2) allocates sites for development and sets out detailed ‘development management’ policies.
Along with the Core Strategy (Local Plan Part 1, 2013) it will provide the range of site allocations and planning policies needed to guide development over the next 15-20 years.
There has been much work with Parish Councils, communities and other organisations to develop the draft Local Plan and this is the first time LPP2 has been consulted on in its entirety.
A series of exhibitions will be held with officers available to explain the Plan’s proposals and answer questions. These are in the larger towns and villages, where the main site allocations are proposed, on the following dates:
- 6 Nov - Waltham Chase Village Hall, Winchester Road, SO32 2LX 3.30pm–7.30pm
- 7 Nov - Alresford Community Centre, West Street, SO24 9AG 3pm–7.30pm
- 8 Nov - Bishop’s Waltham Kings Church, High Street, SO32 1AA 10am–2pm
- 10 Nov - Kings Worthy Tubbs Hall, Fraser Road, SO23 7PJ 2.30pm–7.30pm
- 12 Nov - Winchester Discovery Centre, Jewry Street, SO23 8SB 3pm–8.30pm
- 13 Nov - Wickham Community Centre, Mill Lane, PO17 5AL 3.30pm–7.30pm
- 14 Nov - Colden Common Comm Centre, St Vigor Way, SO21 1UU 2pm–8pm
- 14 Nov - Swanmore Village Hall, New Road, SO32 2PF 3.30pm–7pm (Winchester City Council officers not present)
- 15 Nov - Swanmore Village Hall, New Road, SO32 2PF 10am–4pm
The exhibitions will cover:
- The status of the Local Plan and how Local Plan Part 2 fits with Part 1
- The adoption process for Local Plan Part 2 and the stages of consultation and examination
- How the draft Local Plan Part 2 and its proposals for the local area were developed
- What is proposed and how you can comment
- Next steps and future programme.
Most exhibitions are being held jointly with the relevant Parish/Town Council and at Kings Worthy and New Alresford the site promoters of the main proposed site will be present to discuss site options and development principles.