Last chance to grab a grant in 2014/2015
Press Release: 26/08/2014
The last call has been issued for applications for grants of up to £500 from Winchester City Council in this financial year.
The grants are available to not-for-profit and voluntary organisations in the district to support their work.
Winchester City Council is inviting applications by Friday 5 September for the final round of its 2014 ‘small grants’ scheme.
Applications could be for a health-related activity, a new piece of equipment for a sports club, advertising for an arts event or the pilot for a new community activity.
Previously grants have funded a wide range of organisations and activities across the district such as:
- Southwick D-Day 70 – D-Day map visits and guides to Southwick House in commemoration of WW1
- Winchester Science Foundation – Road signage for Winchester Science Festival held at the Winchester Discovery Centre, 25-27 July 2014
- Carroll Centre - Funding towards a Community Arts Event
- Food up Front – Funding towards a FEAST (Food, Education, Agriculture, Solutions, Together)
- Gratton Trust – Sports taster sessions
- Winchester Access for All – purchase of software to improve accessibility for disabled customers
- Winchester Young Carers – outdoor gazebo for events and activities
To find out how to apply, visit:
Apply on-line or download the application form. For further assistance contact: Melissa Fletcher, 01962 848492, email@example.com, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Community First in Winchester District provides a unique free support service to voluntary and community groups, enabling them to thrive and grow. Community First in Winchester is keen to work with smaller, rural or minority not-for-profit groups across the District. To find out more call 0300 500 8085 or visit www.cfheh.org.uk/services/winchester
Photograph: Southwick D-Day event (c) Chris Waters