City Council Cabinet reshuffle
Press Release: 16/05/2013
Winchester City Council’s Cabinet has a new look after a reshuffle by the Leader, Cllr Keith Wood.
The Cabinet has revised portfolios as well as some new faces.
The full Cabinet is:
- Cllr Keith Wood, Leader – major projects, policy, communications
- Cllr Rob Humby, Deputy Leader – economy and arts, tourism, museums, community grants, sport and physical activity
- Cllr Stephen Godfrey, Finance & Organisational Development – financial services, revenues and benefits, IMT, organisational development
- Cllr Vicki Weston, Built Environment – development management, strategic planning, building control, historic environment, traffic, transport and engineering
- Cllr Ian Tait, Housing & New Homes – housing services, new homes delivery, health and well-being
- Cllr Jan Warwick, Neighbourhoods & Environment – environmental health, environmental contracts, landscape and open spaces, streetcare and drainage, community safety and neighbourhood wardens, parking, licensing
- Cllr Stephen Miller, Business Services – legal services, estates, business management, democratic services
Cllr Wood said:
The new Cabinet is lean and will be strongly focused on service delivery. I have reduced the number of Cabinet members by one and revised the portfolios to make them more closely aligned with the Council’s priorities and staff structure. This is an efficient use of resources which will lead to further savings for the Council.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank former Cabinet members for their contribution to the City Council and the Winchester District.