How to have your say on the 3 of May
Press Release: 24/04/2012
Before the elections on Thursday 3 May, Winchester City Council is reminding voters in the Winchester district of some simple steps to take to make sure they can have their say in the local elections.
- Check where you should vote. Details of your local polling station will be on your poll card. If you have not received it or are unsure of where to go call the helpline on 01962 848 125. Polling stations will be open from 7am – 10pm.
- Bring your poll card with you to the polling station, it may speed things up. But don’t worry if you don’t have it, you can still vote without it!
- Follow the instructions on the ballot paper carefully. If you’re unsure of how to complete your ballot paper, a member of staff will be able to advise you.
- Pop your ballot paper in the ballot box and that’s it done!
- If you applied for a postal vote, make sure it is returned by 10pm on Thursday 3 May. If you have left it too late to post back, you can drop it off at your polling station or at the offices in Colebrook Street, Winchester.
For more information on voting and the elections visit www.aboutmyvote.co.uk The site also includes a virtual polling station which also explains what to do when you go to vote on 3 May.