Community Chest Grant Scheme
A total of £10,000 has been made available for Community Chest Grants in 2008-2009.
Community groups in Winchester are invited to apply for individual grants of up to £500. The grants are available to not-for-profit voluntary organisations, community groups, and registered charities.
All activities/projects must be for the benefit of residents within the Winchester District.
Cllr Patricia Stallard, Portfolio Holder for Culture Heritage and Sport said: "The Community Chest grant scheme gives the City Council an opportunity to provide funding to some small but incredibly important local community activities. We encourage all community groups to come forward and find out whether they are eligible to apply for a grant."
Last year, grants totalling more than £9,000 were awarded to 27 organisations.
Here are just some of the groups who have benefited from the Community Chest Grant Scheme:
- Alresford Community Theatre Society
- Wickham Community Association
- Denmead Community Association
- Junior Hampshire Harriers Wheelchair Basketball Club
- St. Faiths Youth Group
- Tiddlywinks Parent & Toddler Group
- Triangle Playgroup
- Winchester-Laon Twinning Association
- Winchester Rugby Club
- 12th Winchester Greenjackets Scout Group
- North Stanmore Residents Associaiton
- Winchester Basketball League
- Winchester Film Society
- Winnall Community Plan Steering Group
If you would like to apply for a grant for your organisation, details are available here.
If you would like to discuss your project or have any queries regarding this scheme, please contact the Partnership and External Funding Officer on 01962 848582.
The closing date for this round of applications is 12th March, 2008.