Community Chest Awards benefit even more groups
Press Release: 03/10/2006
Winchester City Council has awarded a total of £3,000 of funding to 7 local community groups as part of the second round of Community Chest Awards.
Cllr Patricia Stallard, Portfolio Holder for Culture Heritage and Sport said "The Community Chest grant scheme gives the council an opportunity to fund small but very important local community activities. We are very pleased to announce the latest round of grants and would encourage all community groups to get in touch to see if we can help them."
The following groups have all benefited from that latest grants:
- Bishops Waltham Dynamos FC received grant to enable them to purchase additional equipment to expand the number of children accessing their football training opportunities.
- The newly established Itchen Community Wildlife Art Club in Otterbourne requested grant for the purchase of materials and equipment.
- Winchester Film Society received grant in order to support young people taking part in The Winchester Film Festival
- The Spare Part Players in Southwick have been given grant towards the provision of sound and lighting equipment.
- The newly established Winchester Warriors Basketball Team has been awarded funds for the purchase of a team kit and other equipment.
- Sparsholt Playground Association received grant to modify play equipment.
- Buddlesgate Play Area Project received grant to develop land for a safe play area.
Any community group based within the Winchester district can apply for a Community Chest grant up to a maximum of £500.
The final round of grants for this financial year will be allocated in December, 2006. Any groups wishing to apply for a Community Chest Grant must submit their applications by 3 November, 2006. Please note that applications can only be considered for projects/activities taking place after 20 December, 2006, and which will be completed by 31 March, 2007.
There will be no further grant allocation until after 1 April, 2007. Details of next year's scheme will be posted on our website during March, 2007.
If your group would like to apply for a grant you can find details on the Winchester City Council website, www.winchester.gov.uk, or by phoning Bernice Heller on 01962 848 582.