The South East Cultural Improvement Forum is one of five regional Improvement networks set up to take forward A Passion for Excellence: an Improvement Strategy for Culture and Sport, published jointly by the Local Government Association and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport in March 2008.
Following the dismantling of the local government performance measurement framework in 2010, the Group has reformed with a renewed sense of purpose to establish a forum for partners to work on transforming the local delivery of future cultural services in the South East through innovation and collaboration to achieve better outcomes for local people and communities more efficiently
In Summer 2010, four local authorities, Hampshire County Council, West Sussex County Council, Kent County Council and Winchester City Council with the Arts Council and support from Museums, Libraries and Archives Council and Sport England, appointed a part-time officer to take the agenda forwards.
Their objectives for 2010 - 2011 are to provide a forum for partners to work on:
- Knowledge and Best practice through promoting New Models of Delivery to help cultural services to collaborate and innovate to deliver better for less
- Addressing Leadership and Advocacy - Raise the profile of the sector through championing and advocating from a firm evidence base
- Capacity building of the sector - Provide training for a light touch peer challenge and support network
- Marketing and communication - build and promote the architecture of SECIF to do the above
Action Plan version 10
Chair - Simon Eden firstname.lastname@example.org
- SECIF Members The Executive Committee Members of the South East Cultural Improvement Forum are: Simon Eden, Chief Executive, Winchester City Council (Chair) Paula Murray, Brighton City Council Emma Wiggins, Swale Borough Council Sally Stap...
- SECIF Past Events Creative, Cultural and Sport Apprenticeships Date: Information Day Friday, 18th May 2012 Venue: LGA London Agenda 10.00 Registration and freshments 10...
- SECIF Useful Links Local Government Improvement and Development http://www.idea.gov.uk/idk/core/page.do?pageId=8722516 South East Regional Improvement and Efficiency Partnership http://www.southeastiep.gov.uk/ Culture and Sport Evidence (CASE) ...