Guided by our Community Strategy and Portfolio Plans, the City Council has a programme of major projects in place which deliver our key priorities throughout the Winchester District. Here you can find out more about these projects, who is responsible for them and what decisions have been made.
View the speech on our programme's aims given to local businesses at the Guildhall, Winchester, on 3 December 2015 by the Leader of the Council Cllr Stephen Godfrey - Winchester: 21st Century Historic City
- Architect's vision of Silver Hill
- Barton Farm The Barton Farm Major Development Area is located to the north of Winchester and will provide 2,000 new homes including much needed affordable housing, along with community facilities, a new school and a new park and ride facility to serve the north of Winchester.
- Buy a Plan You can purchase a plan for your application from Planning Portal accredited suppliers.
- Central Winchester Regeneration - Phase 1 - SPD The first stage of the Central Winchester Regeneration project is to develop a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) to act as a new planning brief for the area ofSilver Hill and it's environs.
- Central Winchester Regeneration Community Planning Weekend On Friday 24 and Saturday 25 March, the local community is invited to the Central Winchester Regeneration Community Planning Weekend to help create a Vision for the future of this prominent part of the city.
- Changes to the 'Do I need Planning Permission' service If you would like to know if you need planning permission please refer to http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/house
- CIL Draft Charging Schedule - Comments Received On this page you can view the comments received on the (CIL) Draft Charging Schedule.
- CIL Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule - Comments Received On this page you can view the comments received on the (CIL) Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule.
- Do I need Planning Permission - Interactive House Find out if you need planning permission by exploring the Planning Portal interactive house.
- Do I need Planning Permission? Downloadable form to complete and return to the planning team.
- Leisure Centre Project River Park Leisure Centre is now more than 40 years old and its ability to meet the needs of a growing population in Winchester is limited.
- Planning Application Submit a planning application online using the Planning Portal.
- Responses to Modifications On this page you can view or download the responses to the modifications made on the Submission CIL Charging Schedule
- Search Planning Applications Search current and past planning applications.
- Silver Hill Planning Committee Meeting - Thursday 11 December Procedures for the day
- Silver Hill Quarter exhibition panels Information about the design and features of the development, the constraints of the site, and the ways in which the scheme will improve your city.
- Silver Hill, The Evolution - read about the proposed revisions The Silver Hill regeneration scheme already has planning consent. It was granted in 2009. Development was delayed by the recession and the scheme is now being updated.
- Solent Recreation Mitigation Partnership On this page you will find more information on the SRMP, and how to make a development contribution.
- Stanmore Housing Survey 2016 The survey is intended to establish the number and location of HMOs in the neighbourhood.
- Station Approach The Council wants to improve and revitalise the area of Winchester between the railway station and the Cattle Market, an area which is referred to as Station Approach.
- West of Waterlooville The West of Waterlooville Major Development Area is located in the south eastern corner of the District and will provide 3,000 new homes as part of a new community, 2 primary schools, leisure, retail, employment and community facilities including much needed affordable housing.
- Winchester: A 21st century historic city By Cllr Stephen Godfrey, Leader of Winchester City Council
- Work Starts to Prepare for Barton Farm Development Preparations for the new 'Kings Barton' development in Winchester are set to start next week as highway improvement work gets underway.