Monday 16 June 2014 10:00 AM
Bapsy Hall, Guildhall, Winchester
If you are intending to come to this meeting by car, please use Winchester’s Park and Ride car parks.
Formal Meetings - 10.00 am
(1) Opening of the Winchester City Council meeting, introduction and consideration of procedural items (apologies and declaration of interests).
(2) Adjournment of the Winchester City Council meeting.
(3) Opening of the Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council meeting, introduction and consideration of procedural items (apologies and declaration of interests).
(4) Adjournment of the Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council meeting.
(5) Opening of the Test Valley Borough Council meeting, introduction and consideration of procedural items (apologies and declaration of interests).
(6) Adjournment of the Test Valley Borough Council meeting.
Councillor Ruffell (Winchester City Council) to chair.
The chairmen of Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council and Test Valley Borough Council planning committee will assist Councillor Ruffell.
General Introduction by Officers:
Proposed 14 turbine Wind Farm at Upper Norton Farm Bullington Cross – Applications 13/00800/FUL (WCC), 13/00046/FUL (BDBC) and 13/00753/FULLN (TVBC) Applicant EDF Energy Renewables
a) Officers present joint report
b) Questions from Members to Officers
c) Public Participation;
• The Public Participation section of the informal discussions will be limited to a maximum of 3 minutes per person (objectors and supporters). All speakers (including those outside of the Winchester, Basingstoke and Deane and Test Valley boundaries) are required to register with Winchester’s Public Speaking Co-ordinators prior to 4.00pm on Thursday 12 June 2014 on (01962) 848 339.
• Objectors to the application will speak first and a maximum time of 30 minutes will be allowed in total for objectors’ public participation.
• Parish Councils representing the parishes for the application sites and other contiguous parishes directly affected by the application will have 3 minutes each.
• Elected Councillors of Winchester, Basingstoke and Deane and Test Valley who are not on the Planning Committees (i.e. Ward Councillors for the application site and other contiguous wards directly affected by the applications/ Portfolio Holders) should register with the public speaking co-ordinator before the meeting and limit their speeches to 5 minutes each.
• Supporters (other than the applicant) will be allowed up to a maximum of 3 minutes per person, within a 15 minutes total for all supporters.
• The Applicant will be allowed a minimum of 15 minutes, together with any time not used by supporters.
• Members of the Planning Committees may ask questions of those making deputations, if the Committees consider it necessary to clarify any matters of fact that arise.
• Once all the delegations from the public have been heard, there will be no further public participation in the subsequent debate, although, of course, the public are encouraged to remain in the meeting room to hear the debate and decision.
d) Councillors’ debate on application
Informal Meeting Closes
(7) Reconvene Winchester City Council’s Meeting
Formal decision on Application 13/00800/FUL (within Winchester District)
Close of the Winchester City Council meeting
(8) Reconvene Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council’s Meeting
Formal decision on Application 13/00046/FUL (within Basingstoke and Deane Borough)
Close of the Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council meeting
(9) Reconvene Test Valley Borough Council’s Meeting
Formal decision on Application 13/00753/FULLN (within Test Valley Borough)
[Note – the Constitution of Test Valley Borough Council provides that where the Head of Planning and Building Services advises that there is a possible conflict with policy, public interest or possible claims for costs against the Council, he may refer the application to the Planning Control Committee for determination. For that reason the application insofar as it relates to the administrative area of Test Valley Borough Council may not be determined at this meeting.( TVBC will have a date fixed for the next PCC meeting which can be confirmed at this committee meeting in the event that a referral is made)
Close of the Test Valley Borough Council meeting
• Voting procedures – procedures and rules for voting in the reconvened meetings will be as set out in the relevant council’s constitution.
• There will also be short breaks during the morning and afternoon sessions. (Lunch will be provided for Members of the Committees and Officers). For other parties, there are a number of places to eat nearby, including the 1871 Café in The Guildhall.
• MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC SHOULD NOTE THAT MATERIAL SUCH AS DIAGRAMS, PHOTOGRAPHS AND WRITTEN REPRESENTATIONS CANNOT BE HANDED OUT TO MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEES AT THE MEETING.
Position: Senior Democratic Services Officer
Telephone: 01962 848 438
Minutes and Related Downloads
1 - Proposed Bullington Cross Wind Farm Site, Norton, Sutton Scotney, Hampshire (PDC995)
2 - Where appropriate, to accept the Update Sheet as an addendum to the Report