Thursday 11 December 2014 9:30 AM
Bapsy Hall, Guildhall, Winchester
Special Meeting re Silver Hill
Public speaking is allowed, subject to certain restrictions – please contact the Public Speaking Co-ordinator as soon as possible, but prior to 4.00pm Tuesday 9 December 2014, on (01962) 848 339 to register to speak and for further details. Please also see the Note of Procedure for the Day as set out below.
Position: Senior Democratic Services Officer
Telephone: 01962 848 438
Minutes and Related Downloads
4 - Where appropriate, to accept any Update Sheet as an addendum to the Report.
Update Sheet 35KB
5 - Silver Hill Report
PDC1012 - Covering Report 200KB
PDC1012 - Item 1 - Section 73 Application - 1401912FUL 506KB
PDC1012 - Item 2 - Drop-in Application - 1401913FUL 269KB
PDC1012 - Item 3 - High Street Application - 1401915FUL 156KB
PDC1012 - Item 4 - Listed Building Application - 1401916FUL 29KB
6 - Procedure for the day including Public Participation
Procedure for the day
There will be an officer presentation of all four applications in the following order:
Following the officer presentations, there will be questions from Members of all four applications (taken in turn). Following questions from Members, public participation will take place.
All speakers are required to register with Winchester’s Public Speaking Co-ordinators before 4.00pm on Tuesday 9 December 2014 on (01962) 848 339
Public Participation - one session will cover all four applications, as follows:
• The Public Participation session will be limited to a maximum of 3 minutes per person (objectors and supporters).
• Objectors to the application will speak first and a maximum time of 30 minutes will be allowed in total for objectors’ public participation. The time for each objector will be limited to 3 minutes.
• Ward Councillors who are not on the Planning Committee (i.e. Ward Councillors for the application site and other contiguous wards directly affected by the applications should register with the Public Speaking Co-Ordinator before 4.00pm on Tuesday 9 December and limit their speeches to 5 minutes each).
• Portfolio Holders - 5 minutes each and should register with the Public Speaking Co-Ordinator before 4.00pm on Tuesday 9 December.
• Supporters (other than the applicant) up to a maximum of 3 minutes per person, with 15 minutes in total for all supporters.
• The Applicant will be allowed 15 minutes, together with any time not used by supporters.
Members of the Planning Committee may ask questions of those making deputations, if they consider it necessary to clarify any matters of fact that arise.
Once all the deputations from the public and Members have been heard, there will be no further public participation in the subsequent debate, although, of course, the public are encouraged to remain in the meeting room to hear the Committee’s debate and decision.