City Lets Scheme
Would you like to let your property with no agency fees and no time consuming and costly deposit schemes, whilst assisting the Council to address local housing needs? The answer is City Lets.
The City Lets scheme is a new initiative aimed at helping people who are in housing need to find accommodation in the private rented sector.
In some circumstances, tenants may be on a low wage or receiving top-up benefits and we can offer tenants and landlords a range of support services in order to create lasting and sustainable tenancies for the benefit of all parties. Tenants in receipt of housing benefits tend to stay longer than others which saves you money on lost rent and re-advertising your property.
In short, if you are a landlord willing to work with us and help a family or a person on a low income to find a home, and you are prepared to offer your property on an assured short hold tenancy for a minimum of twelve months, then we can offer you the services listed below and many more FREE of charge.
If you have a property to let in the Winchester district, we can offer:
- No agency fees
- Bond Guarantees against rent and damage
- FREE impartial inventories
- FREE landlord hotline providing advice and support, including property visits.
- FREE National Landlord Association approved tenancy agreement templates.
- FREE professional cleaning at the end of the tenancy when necessary
- FREE accreditation status
- FREE partial membership of the National Landlord Association
- The benefit of our many years of housing experience
- and we are so sure that we will be able to find you a new tenant after one moves out, that we will pay you up to two months rent in the unlikely event of void periods after your first tenancy with us.
If you think you might be interested, or know someone who would be, please contact us at email@example.com or call 01962 848 483.
City Lets is a new scheme and we're keen to receive your feedback as a landlord on the package that we offer. If you think we can improve our offer or have any concerns you think we’ve missed than please let us know!
We both felt the people we have met from the Private Sector Housing department have a genuine interest in making this union of the public and private housing work. They have without exception been positive and happy in their outlook and they have gone out of their way to help to bring about a satisfactory arrangement, which has made dealing with you and the prospective tenants a pleasure for us.
- Alan Smith, City Lets Landlord
City Lets has been really good for us; having the bond has saved us so much time and energy compared to getting a deposit, it's all been really straightforward. Our tenant has been as good as gold and it's so reassuring to know that you're involved if there ever were any problems.
- Richard Stickland - City Lets Landlord
This is my first experience with a tenant from City Lets and I am very pleased with her. The relationship between landlord and tenant is very good and she is keeping the property in excellent order.
- Barbara Sturgess - City Lets Landlord
It's lovely to know that all is safely signed and sealed and my tenant is perfect. Thank-you so much all of you there at City Lets, what a wonderful job you have done for me! Carry on being awesome!
- Rosemary White - City Lets Landlord