The Council works closely with housing associations and private developers to make affordable homes available.
There are many different types of affordable housing available including shared ownership, affordable rent, discount for sale properties and Government assisted schemes such as Help to Buy.
- Barron Close, Micheldever - An outstanding affordable housing project Winchester Housing Trust, Winchester City Council and Micheldever Parish Council worked in partnership to deliver a 15-unit affordable housing project on a rural exception site in Micheldever.
- New council housing - Bourne Close, Otterbourne Now completed - 3 three bedroom houses on a former garage site, owned and managed by Winchester City Council
- New council housing - Kiln Cottages, Spring Vale, Swanmore The development of two 3 bedroom houses in Spring Vale, Swanmore, were completed at the end of March 2016.
- New council housing - New Queens Head, Stanmore The redevelopment of the old New Queens Head pub in Stanmore created a total of 21 new council homes late February 2016.
- New council housing - Station Close, Itchen Abbas Now completed - 3x three bed houses, and 2x two bed houses with associated communal parking, owned and managed by Winchester City Council.
- New council housing - Symonds Close, Weeke The scheme provided a mix of houses and bungalows. The project started on site in May 2015 and completed in June 2016.