Help for Council & Housing Association Tenants

Home Energy Andy

Do you live in a Council or Housing Association home? You need the Home Energy Advice service!

Call us today on 01962 217844, text 07731 960320 or email

Winchester City Council's dedicated Advice Line gives advice and support. Your call will be answered by Andy Smale, the Home Energy Adviser from Winchester Action on Climate Change.

How can we help?

Andy could help with:

  • Advice on low and zero cost ways to stay warmer and cut your energy bills
  • A home visit to check out the problem and a report for your landlord if they should be doing repairs to keep you warmer
  • When we have funding for enough, free LED lights and pipe insulation for people on benefits
  • Free loan of energy monitors
  • Assistance to switch your energy provider or tariff to help give you savings on your fuel bills
  • And you can also look things up for yourself on our website at

 Some of our services are subject to availability and conditions.

Are you helping someone else and need advice?
We offer free training, casework support and advice to anyone in Winchester District, from volunteer visitors to the elderly to professional staff at housing associations, advice agencies and community agencies.

Call us today on 01962 217844, text 07731 960320 or email