Hampshire Home Choice
Hampshire Home Choice is a choice based lettings system that went live on 22 April 2009.
You can access Hampshire Home Choice by clicking the following link www.hampshirehomechoice.org.uk On the site you will be able to register for housing and bid for properties.
For an introduction to the Hampshire Home Choice website please watch the video demonstration, which will take approximately 5 minutes: Introduction to Hampshire Home Choice . Please use the back button to return to this webpage.
The government has asked all local councils to introduce a new method of letting social housing that incorporates choice for the applicants by 2010. In order to meet the legal requirement for allocations of social housing as set out in Part VI of the Housing Act 1996, amended by the Homelessness Act 2002, Hampshire Home Choice has been introduced by Winchester City Council.
Hampshire Home Choice has changed the allocation process for the benefit of our applicants - instead of Housing Officers matching you with properties, you will be able to "bid" for vacant properties suitable for your needs on the website or via an automated telephone line. A bid means indicating an interest in a vacant property; no money is required to bid. A User Guide explaining how the new system works is available .
Hampshire Home Choice is a partnership between Winchester City Council, East Hampshire District Council and Havant Borough Council, which means that you can bid for properties in any of those three areas.
Hampshire Home Choice provides:
- A single system of allocations across the whole sub region, enabling people to move across the three areas
- Applicants with the ability to take a more pro-active role and have the choice of bidding only for the properties that interest them
- A system that applicants can understand and which is both open and fair as applicants can view all vacant properties available and the number of bids for each property
- The ability for people to move across the three areas
- Assistance for applicants in the highest assessed need and minimises homelessness
- Support to vulnerable applicants and difficult to reach groups in order to participate
- Information to increase the sustainability of local communities.
Please select "How the scheme will work" on the left for further details on the scheme.
If you would like further information about the scheme please contact Customer Services by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01962 840 222.
|Some of the following documents are in pdf format. You can download and install a free PDF reader to enable you to read and print them. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader.|
|Hampshire Home Choice user Guide||425KB||
56Kbps Modem: 1 Minute 2 Seconds
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute