Landlord Services is responsible for providing a management and maintenance service to over 5000 council properties throughout the Winchester district. The housing stock is mainly traditional built low-rise houses. The Council has always sought to deliver a high quality housing service and over the years has continued to achieve the investment needs of its housing stock. In addition to general needs housing tenancies, the City Council also provide in excess of 900 supported tenancies for older persons, over 40 "extra care" tenancies and over 50 units of accommodation for homeless households.
Our maintenance provider, Osborne changed their uniform and logo from 2 June. All the operatives will carry ID and should show this to you on arriving at your property.
Applying for Housing
If you would like the apply for housing please take a look at the Hampshire Home Choice page.
- Repairs and Improvements
- Tenants Satisfaction Survey In February we conducted a satisfaction survey of council tenants. A random sample of general needs tenants and all sheltered tenants were sent questionnaires
- Wise Move - Help for tenants wishing to downsize If you are considering moving to a smaller home then we can help you
- Rents How your rent is calculated, charges you may incur and methods of payment.
- Area Housing Manager Contacts Details of your Area Housing Manager by Locality and Property/Street Listing
- Transfers & Exchanges Our transfer and exchange policy and how we can help you.
- Tenants Handbook The Tenant Handbook is produced by Housing Services and is packed with useful information.
- Empty Properties We are committed to making sure our housing stock is used and maintained.
- Moving Out What to do if you want to terminate a tenancy
- Estate Improvement Information about the estate improvement budget available for large scale improvements.
- Welfare Reform - From April 2013 Details about the changes to Housing Benefit which start from April 2013.
- Succession and Assignment for Tenancies The terms around which a tenancy succession can or cannot occur.
- Current Tenancy Arrears We understand that money problems sometimes occur, please get in touch immediately to see how we can help.
- Our Performance How we are performing across a number of key indicators.
- Parking on Council Estate Rules for council estate parking to preserve the quality of the local environment for residents.
- Neighbour Nuisance If you are experiencing neighbour nuisance we can help you resolve it.
- Publications Tenant newsletters including Tenant News and On the House.
- Evictions If tenants repeatedly breach their tenancy conditions Court action will be taken, which can result in eviction.
- Exclusion from Housing Allocation for Anti-social Behaviour A person is not eligible to be considered for an allocation if they, or a member of their household, has been guilty of unacceptable behaviour serious enough to make them unsuitable to be a tenant.
- Late Tenancy Arrears Details of what happens if you have outstanding arrears and wish to move or have moved.
- Crime Advise about minimising the risk of crime.
- Deeds If you have bought your property with a mortgage or loan, the deeds will be retained by your lender.
- Insurance Claims Information regarding insurance claims against the Council.