Winchester City Council and Hampshire County Council have formally handed over the running of their museum services to a new independent charity called the Hampshire Cultural Trust.
The website, still being developed, can be found at www.hampshireculturaltrust.org.uk and you can follow the Trust on Twitter at @HantsCulture.
- City Museum In the City Museum, three galleries tell the story of Winchester's past from the Iron Age to the present. Features include mosaics and reconstructed Victorian High Street shops.
- Hampshire Cultural Trust Office and Guildhall Displays Hampshire Cultural Trust Office and Guildhall Displays
- Online Museums Photo Album Winchester City Council use Flickr as a photo album
- University of Winchester reveals significant find in the search for Alfred the Great’s remains Hyde900 and the University of Winchester confirm they have discovered what they believe to be a fragment of the the pelvic bone of King Alfred the Great or his eldest son, Edward the Elder.
- Winchester Museums Films Watch short clips of museum events and children's animation films
- Westgate Museum Winchester's Tudor and Stuart era is revealed in this beautifully refurbished listed monument, the last of the main medieval gates into the city.
- City Space Located in the Winchester Discovery Centre, the City Space is a vibrant and versatile gallery hosting a compelling programme of temporary exhibits.
- Winchester Museums Locations Locate Winchester Museums on a Google map
- Educational Resources and Visits Winchester Museums delivers fun and hands-on learning opportunities for schools.
- Publications Browse through work published by Museums staff and place an order.
- Collections The museum's collections relate to the human history of the city and district from the Palaeolithic period to modern times, numbering over one million artefacts.
- Chance Archaeology and Metal Detector Finds If you have discovered an unusual object, Winchester Museums' experts can provide a free identification service.