Winchester City Council and Hampshire County Council have formally handed over the running of their museum services to a new independent charity called the Hampshire Cultural Trust.
The website, still being developed, can be found at www.hampshireculturaltrust.org.uk and you can follow the Trust on Twitter at @HantsCulture.
- City Museum In the City Museum, three galleries tell the story of Winchester's past from the Iron Age to the present. Features include mosaics and reconstructed Victorian High Street shops.
- Hampshire Cultural Trust Office and Guildhall Displays Hampshire Cultural Trust Office and Guildhall Displays
- Hampshire Cultural Trust Online Collections Explore some of the treasures held in the collections curated and cared for by Hampshire Cultural Trust for Hampshire County Council and Winchester City Council
- School visits - Hampshire Cultural Trust School groups are welcome at all of our museums and heritage sites for expert-led and self-led sessions
- University of Winchester reveals significant find in the search for Alfred the Great’s remains Hyde900 and the University of Winchester confirm they have discovered what they believe to be a fragment of the the pelvic bone of King Alfred the Great or his eldest son, Edward the Elder.
- Westgate Museum Winchester's Tudor and Stuart era is revealed in this beautifully refurbished listed monument, the last of the main medieval gates into the city.
- City Space Located in the Winchester Discovery Centre, the City Space is a vibrant and versatile gallery hosting a compelling programme of temporary exhibits.
- Winchester Museums Locations Locate Winchester Museums on a Google map
- Educational Resources and Visits Hampshire Cultural Trust delivers fun and hands-on learning opportunities for schools.
- Chance Archaeology and Metal Detector Finds If you have discovered an unusual object, Winchester Museums' experts can provide a free identification service.