Benefits - Change of Circumstances

Your circumstances have changed

Use this form to report changes that may alter the amount of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you receive.

If your circumstances change it may affect the amount of benefit you get. You must tell us about any changes straightaway.

Below is a list of examples to help you know what change of circumstances could affect your benefit. However, this list does not cover every change that could affect your benefit so you must inform us of every change that happens to you or anyone in your household. Failure to notify us could mean that you are overpaid benefit and this can be recovered from you.

Some of the changes that could affect your benefit are:

You move house
Someone else moves in to or out of your house
You change job
You stop or start work
You stop receiving Income Support/Job Seekers Allowance (you must not assume the Department for Work and Pensions will tell us)
Your rent increases or decreases
You start or stop receiving a new allowance such as Disability Living Allowance
You start to receive a private pension
You start or stop receiving Tax Credits
Someone in your household becomes a student or gets a job
You have a baby