Health and Safety Licences and Registrations


When holding an event it maybe necessary to comply with Alcohol and entertainment licensing laws.

Fireworks & Scaffolding

When selling fireworks or erecting scaffolding and hoarding you must contact Hampshire County Council.

Selling or manufacturing of food

If you sell, prepare or manufacture food you will need to register with the us.

Asbestos removal

Must be carried out by licensed contractors who must notify the enforcing authority of their intention to remove asbestos.

Special Treatments

Anyone who wishes to carry on the practice of acupuncture, tattooing, semi-permanent skin-colouring, cosmetic piercing and electrolysis must be registered with Winchester City Council

Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers

Under the provisions of the Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992 it is the duty of each person who has control of premises to ensure that no “notifiable device” is situated on those premises unless the local authority in whose area the premises are situated has been notified in writing.