The Environmental Health pages contain lots of useful information on subjects including, pest control, food safety, pollution, animal welfare and air quality.
The council is working with Winchester Action on Climate Change (WinACC) on a campaign to reduce waste and increase recycling in Winchester.
The Great Waste is all about creating less waste, reusing, regifting and repurposing those things we normally just chuck out.
- Animal Welfare Advice and information about the Animal Welfare, including the Animal Welfare Act 2006.
- Business toolkit for promoting good food hygiene Toolkit to help food businesses get the most out of their food hygiene rating.
- Flooding The wet weather over the winter period can cause widespread problems for communities across the Winchester District. The information on this page is aimed at helping people to take action before, during, and after flooding.
- Green Business Advice Use this page to find out how Winchester City Council and partners are building a low carbon economy.
- Organising a bonfire or fireworks event? The Government has recently issued a guide to local communities offering advice on organising bonfires and fireworks events
- The Great Waste Campaign The council is working with Winchester Action on Climate Change (WinACC) on a campaign to reduce waste and increase recycling in Winchester.
- Policies and Procedures Collection of documents detailing our approach to enforcement and officer authorisation.
- A Low Carbon Economy Use this page to find out how Winchester City Council and partners are building a low carbon economy
- Animal Licences Information about licenses including dog breeding establishments, running accomodation for other people's animals, or keeping exotic pets, to name a few.
- Event Planning Information on what to consider when planning your event in the Winchester City Council district.
- Three Maids Motocross This Page provides guidance to local residents regarding the Three Maids Motocross site near Winchester.
- Fracking Winchester City Council's statement on Fracking.
- Zoo Licence Winchester City Council is responsible for licensing zoological parks within the district.
- Contaminated Land Contaminated land is any land that may cause significant harm to people, animals, buildings or ecological systems.
- Disposal of Ash leaf litter Advice on the disposal of Ash leaf litter that might be infected with Chalara fraxinea.
- Food Safety - Businesses Useful information about what to do if you want to start a new food business, food safety training, inspections and much more.
- Food Safety - Consumers Useful information about what you should do if you find a problem with a food product or you believe you have been ill after eating at a food premises.
- Health & Safety We are responsible for the enforcement of health and safety regulations in over 2000 premises such as offices, hotels, restaurants, warehouses and shops.
- Infectious Diseases Guidance on preventing infectious diseases.
- Noise Nuisance The Environmental Protection team will enforce legislation if noise is intrusive or excessive, which may lead to fines and confiscation of equipment.
- Other Nuisance Information about other nusiance including bonfires, artificial light and odours.
- Pest Control Offering a range of pest control services for both residential and commercial customers. Our pest control officers can provide advice and subsequent treatments at competitive rates.
- Pollution The Environmental Protection Team deals with a wide range of duties that are considered to fall under the term Pollution Control.
- Radon Radon is a natural radioactive gas which decays into other radioactive elements, all of which can increase your exposure to radiation
- Climate Change and Energy What we are doing to tackle climate change.