The extreme wet weather conditions over the winter period have caused widespread problems for communities across the Winchester District. Although the emergency response was effective and well received, there are still many homes and businesses which have suffered adverse effects directly or indirectly from the floods.
For specific flooding enquiries please contact us at email@example.com
See the Flood Relief Support Options flowchart to understand the process of each scheme and grant.
See Hampshire County Council's 'After the floods' section which includes all the schemes available in the Hampshire area.
A number of national organisations and groups have produced flood guidance and lists of approved companies that deal with flood protection and resilience. These include:
- National Flood Forum – Tel: 01299 403 055 www.nationalfloodforum.org.uk
- Flood Protection Association – Tel: 033 33 23 8701 email firstname.lastname@example.org www.thefpa.org.uk
- Property Care Association – Tel: 0844 3754 301 email: email@example.com www.property-care.org
This is not an exhaustive list but you may find it useful to consult these organisations before submitting a grant application or when arranging for work to be carried out at your property.
Please note that the Council is not responsible for the content of the websites of these organisations or any lists of approved companies or contractors.
- Repair & Renew Grant Up-date August 2014 – Scope of Scheme extended to include septic tanks and 3 quotes no longer required In the wake of the widespread flooding that affected large areas of the country last winter the Government introduced a range of flood grants and relief schemes which the City Council is administering.
- Flood advice for home owners and council tax payers Following the recent spell of extreme wet weather there are a number of schemes to provide financial support to householders in flood-affected areas.
- Flood advice for village halls and other not-for-profit organisations If your village hall has been affected by flooding then here is some advice and ways to seek funding for repair.
- Flood recovery for business There are a number of schemes to provide financial support to businesses in flood-affected areas who have been affected by the recent spell of extreme wet weather.
- Flooded households able to claim for mitigating measures Homeowners who have been affected by flooding in Hampshire will be able to apply for up to £5,000 towards putting in measures to make their properties more resilient to the effects of flooding in the future.
- Latest Sand Bag Removal Advice Following a prolonged period of better weather which has allowed water levels to return to near-normal levels, the City Council is preparing arrangements for the collection of sandbags that were deployed during the flood response in the Winchester district.