Andrew is the Neighbourhood Services Officer working in the City Centre, Abbotts Barton, Harestock, Littleton and Weeke and the rural areas of Crawley, Kings Worthy, Micheldever & Sutton Scotney.
Andrew has previously worked as a police officer with Hampshire Constabulary, and brings to the team a wealth of experience of working in the community.
The Neighbourhood Services team is an integral part of the Community Safety Partnership working towards creating a cleaner, safer, and greener Winchester by engaging with the local community and actively responding to their issues and concerns.
Issues tackled include:
- Removing graffiti – on WCC & HCC property
- Fly tipping - investigation and reporting for clearance
- Litter complaints
- Overgrown shrubbery
- Abandoned vehicles
- Discarded needles and drugs litter
- Neighbour nuisance
- Anti social behaviour
Community Involvement activities:
- Working in partnership with both statutory and voluntary agencies
- Supporting residents meetings and forums
- Projects and education both in schools and the community
Fly tipping can be reported by telephone on 0300 300 0013 and online via the Winchester City Council website for all other issues please telephone 01962 840 222 or contact Andrew direct on 01962 848 072 or 07980 732 197. You can also report fly tipping using your iphone, Android or Blackberry phone - download the ‘Your Winchester’ app from your app store.
The Neighbourhood Services team can also be contacted by email at email@example.com