The Neighbourhood Services Team were established in 2005 to deter anti-social behaviour in specific areas of Winchester, with a remit to reduce the fear of crime and create a better environment for residents and visitors alike.
Today the team deal with a broad range of issues in Stanmore, Weeke, Highcliffe, Winnall and the City Centre. The Neighbourhood Services Team work as part of the Community Safety Partnership towards creating a safer, cleaner and greener Winchester by engaging with the local community and actively responding to community issues.
Issues tackled include:
- Fly tipping - investigation and reporting for clearance
- Littler complaints
- Overgrown shrubbery
- Abandoned vehicles
- Discarded needles and drugs litter
- Neighbour nuisance
- Fly posting
Community Involvement activities:
- Working in partnership with both statutory and voluntary agencies
- Supporting residents meetings and forums
- Updating community notice boards (poster sites)
- Projects and education both in schools and the community
At present there are five Neighbourhood Services Officers working across the City. To find out more about your local Neighbourhoood Services Officer, use the links below:
- Andrew Murphy Andrew is the Neighbourhood Services Officer working in the City Centre, Abbotts Barton, Harestock, Littleton and Weeke and the rural areas of Crawley, Kings Worthy, Micheldever & Sutton Scotney
- Clive Elliston Clive supervises Winchester City Council’s team of Neighbourhood Services Officers (formerly Neighbourhood Wardens). Clive also covers the southern area of the district – including Bishop's Waltham, Colden Common, Denmead, Droxford, Hambledon, Swanmore, Whiteley & Wickham
- Lesley Bridger Lesley is the Neighbour Services officer with responsibility for Compton, Hursley, Ottterbourne and Sparsholt.
- Nadia Mansoor Nadia is the Neighbourhood Services Officer with covering Stanmore, Badger Farm, Oliver's Battery and St. Cross
- Rebecca Hallett Rebecca is the Neighbourhood Services Officer with responsibility for Winnall and Highcliffe and the rural areas of Alresford, Cheriton, Bishops Sutton, West Meon and the surrounding areas. Rebecca is also the Anti Social Behaviour specialist working across the whole of the Winchester District.