Public art is art which is found outside of art galleries, in public spaces or locations which can be accessed by the public. Traditionally we think of monuments and sculpture, though public art can also take the form of performance or events, and might only last for a few minutes or days. Public art is also used in the construction of buildings and landscapes to make these unique and specific to their location, for example Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling or the more recent Beleschenko stained glass windows at Mottisfont Court in Winchester.
- Film Winchester District is home to many filmmakers and enthusiasts.
- Fine Art Galleries, courses and studio space for fine artists in Winchester.
- Kite Flyer The Kite Flyer in Parchment street is by Marzia Colonna.
- Luminous Motion Luminous motion (2002) was created by Peter Freeman and is located within the Cathedral grounds.
- Photography Winchester is home to many photographers, and artists who use photography in their work.
- The Bollards The Bollard Project has expanded since its inception in 2005 to include the painting of nineteen bollards in total.