Building Control Archive
A written request can be made for a search of the Building Control archives and (where data exists) we will provide the following information;
• application number,
• description of work,
• date & type of decision,
• date of completion of work.
(NB. The search will be carried out within seven working days, and will also include copies of any approval & completion certificates found.)
Searches will be made on an individual property address basis and before we commence the search we will require confirmation of the level of search you require and payment of the appropriate administration charge.
NB. Following charges apply to each individual property address;
• Level 1 - £12.50 - A search of the Building Control archives for the current year and the preceding fifteen (15) years.
• Level 2 - £37.50 - A search of the Building Control archives back to 1st April 1974.
Written requests can be by either;
• email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please provide a contact number so we can telephone you to take a “card” payment for the administration charge)
• post to Building Control, Winchester City Council, Colebrook Street, Winchester, SO23 9LJ (please enclose a cheque, made payable to Winchester City Council, to cover the administration charge)