Help with Childcare Costs
Do you know that a maximum of £300 per week can be disregarded from your income for Housing/Council Tax Reduction purposes?
Who does this apply to?
- Lone parents working at least 16 hours per week
- Couples where both are working at least 16 hours per week
- Couples where one partner is working at least 16 hours per week and the other is incapacitated
What kind of childcare is applicable?
- Registered childminders
- Nurseries and play-schemes
- Child-minding schemes run by a school or local authority
- Out-of-school-hours schemes provided by schools on school premises or by a local authority, but, in this case only, the child must be aged 8 or more
What is the age limit for children?
The qualifying age is from birth to the first Monday in September following their 15th birthday (16th birthday if the child is disabled).
How much will be disregarded from your income?
- A maximum of £175 per week for one child
- A maximum of £300 per week for two children
What details do the Benefit Section need?
- The name and address of the person providing care for your child/children
- Proof of your Child Minder's Registration Number
- A letter or receipt(s) from the person providing care, stating the amount you have paid during the last 2 months, 3 fortnights or 5 weeks.
|Certificate of child care costs||DOCX||15KB||
56Kbps Modem: Less than 1 Minute
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute