In this section you will find all the information you need about Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction.
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone - 01962 848 539 Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm, Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Fax - 01962 848 200
- Write - The Benefits Section, City Offices, Colebrook Street, Winchester, Hants SO23 9LJ
- Visit - City Offices Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm (a private interview room is available by appointment). Please note: if you wish to see a member of staff you should arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to closing time. This is to ensure that there is sufficient time available to deal with your enquiry.
- Local Office - Bishops Waltham CAB, Well House, 2 Brook Street - Wednesday 10.00am to 1.00pm
If you have any particular needs which affect how you are able to use or be involved in our services or how you would like to receive information - for example translation, interpreters, Braille, Audio tape, large print, sign language etc please contact The Benefits Section.
- Council Tax & Council Tax Benefit Consultation The Government is abolishing Council Tax Benefit and has asked Councils to develop their own Council Tax Reduction schemes to replace it. Find out more about the results of the consultation.
- Application Forms & Leaflets All the application forms and leaflets for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- Council Tax Reduction (formerly Council Tax Benefit) Find out about Council Tax Reduction and if you are eligible to make a claim.
- Housing Benefits Who can claim Housing Benefits and how to claim.
- Documents required for your claim A list of documents we need to see to process your benefits claim
- Backdating Claims How to apply to backdate your claim/s
- Change of Circumstances Find out what you need to tell us when your circumstances change
- Second Adult Rebate Find out if you can claim a second adult rebate if you have non-dependants living with you on a low income.
- How do I appeal against a decision? Find out how you can appeal if you do not agree with the outcome of your claim
- Overpayment of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit or Council Tax Reduction Information about overpayments and what to do next
- Benefit Fraud We have a responsibility to ensure that benefit payments are only made to those who are entitled.
- Benefits Adviser Service Get benefit advice, for you, your family, or for someone else
- Local Access Point for Benefits advice A Local Access Point where all your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction queries and Housing issues can be answered is currently available in Bishops Waltham.
- Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) Providing extra financial help for disabled students
- Thinking of starting work Find out information about starting work and how this affects your benefit entitlement.
- Student Loans & Finance Find out about entitlements for sudents
- You Said - We Did How your feedback has helped us improve the Benefits service we offer.
- Data matching by the Audit Commission We are required by law to protect the public funds we administer. We may share information provided with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud.