In this section you will find all the information you need about Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction.
- Email - email@example.com
- Telephone - 01962 848 539 Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm, Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Fax - 01962 848 200
- Write - The Benefits Section, City Offices, Colebrook Street, Winchester, Hants SO23 9LJ
- Visit - City Offices Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5pm, Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm (a private interview room is available by appointment). Please note: if you wish to see a member of staff you should arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to closing time. This is to ensure that there is sufficient time available to deal with your enquiry.
If you have any particular needs which affect how you are able to use or be involved in our services or how you would like to receive information - for example translation, interpreters, Braille, Audio tape, large print, sign language etc please contact The Benefits Section.
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2016/17 This consultation opens on 1 September 2015 and closes on 31 October 2015.
- Do I qualify for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction? The quickest and easiest way to see if you may be entitled to Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction is to call the Benefits Section on 01962 848 539.
- Helping you get into work Find out about ways into work including training and volunteering opportunities
- Universal Credit A new type of benefit designed to support people who are on a low income or out of work – it will replace six existing benefits
- Free Debt Advice The Money Advice Service (MAS) is an independent service set up by the government to help people manage their money better.
- Changes to Council Tax & Council Tax Benefit The Government has abolished Council Tax Benefit from 1 April 2013 and Councils have had to develop their own Council Tax Reduction schemes to replace it. Find out more about these changes here.
- Application Forms & Leaflets All the application forms and leaflets for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- Council Tax Reduction (formerly Council Tax Benefit) Find out about Council Tax Reduction and if you are eligible to make a claim.
- Housing Benefits Who can claim Housing Benefits and how to claim.
- Documents required for your claim A list of documents we need to see to process your benefits claim
- Backdating Claims How to apply to backdate your claim/s
- Change of Circumstances Find out what you need to tell us when your circumstances change
- Second Adult Rebate Find out if you can claim a second adult rebate if you have non-dependants living with you on a low income.
- How do I appeal against a decision? Find out how you can appeal if you do not agree with the outcome of your claim
- Housing Benefit Overpayments Information about overpayments and what to do next
- Fraud Prevention and Detection We have a responsibility to ensure that benefit payments are only made to those who are entitled.
- Benefits Adviser Service Get benefit advice, for you, your family, or for someone else
- Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) Providing extra financial help for disabled students
- Thinking of starting work Find out information about starting work and how this affects your benefit entitlement.
- Student Loans & Finance Find out about entitlements for sudents
- You Said - We Did How your feedback has helped us improve the Benefits service we offer.
- Data matching by the Audit Commission We are required by law to protect the public funds we administer. We may share information provided with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud.