As part of the drive to improve the service we provide to our customers we have adopted the statement 'Delivering Customer Service we're Proud of...' to describe the service we aim to provide for our customers.
Public sector organisations are facing unprecedented financial constraints, having to make difficult choices with limited resources. We know that at times this will have an effect on the service levels we are able to deliver and even if we cannot always do what customers want as quickly as we would like to, the way we deal with the enquiries, and how we explain our decisions is still something we are proud of in the delivery of an affordable customer focussed service.
Customer Service Excellence
One of our key priorities has been the achievement of the Cabinet Office Customer Service Excellence standard accreditation across the organisation which we acheieved in December 2011. You can find out more about the standard by visiting http://www.customerserviceexcellence.uk.com/
By developing our services in line with the standard we have been able to focus on, and improve, the areas that research has confirmed are important to our customers,
- Staff attitude.
Achieving the accreditation is just the beginning of this journey, we know we still have work to do in facing the challenges of delivering the customer service our customers rightly expect in exciting and innovotive ways, developing our use of the website to help customers access information and services which will include the live help facility enabling our online customers to chat to an advisor while they browse the site. We continue to develop our use of social media including Twitter and Facebook and are also keeping pace with changes in technology around mobile access using smart phone and tablet devices with the council services app.
Our mantra is now evolving to include the line "People when you need to talk to us, technology when you don't...your choice" to drive forward our customer access strategy.
Head of Business Management: Paul Wood
Telephone: 01962 840 222
- Customer Access Strategy This strategy builds on our long established corporate priority of continued improvement in customer service through better access to City Council and other services
- Customer Care Standards We have customer care standards we aim to acheive everytime we engage with our customers.
- Customer Satisfaction What our customers are saying about us.
- Customer Service Centre Our Customer Service Centre is here to help you with your enquiries, The Centre is open from 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am - 4.30pm on Fridays.
- Customer Service Centre Performance Year by year statistics about how we are performing dealing with your queries.