Local authorities have a requirement to prepare a Sustainable Community Strategy which sets out how the area will develop in a sustainable way over the period of the strategy. It identifies the important issues for an area, to be addressed through the work of the Council and its partners.
The original Community Strategy was adopted in 2004, with updates in 2007 and 2010. This recent update has been refocused to link with the Council's function and organisational structure. Many projects and programmes have been delivered and work continues with partners and outside agencies.
This update has also provided an opportunity to revise how the Council delivers the Community Strategy and monitors is progress. A series of Portfolio Plans have been created which reflect the Administration of the Council and provide direct links between the priority outcomes, objectives and Portfolio Holder responsibilities.
- Delivery At present the Community Strategy is delivered by actions outlined in individual Portfolio Holder Plans produced by the Council and updated regularly
- Evidence Existing plans and strategies produced by the Council in conjunction with its partners and communities have been examined to identify common issues, purposes and objectives
- Portfolio Holder Plans Portfolio Holder Plans 2014 - 2016
- Winchester District Community Strategy and Portfolio Plans 2014 Council last night adopted the revised Community Strategy together with a series of Portfolio Plans which will deliver the Council’s Priority Outcomes
- Winchester District Sustainable Community Strategy 2010 Local authorities have a requirement to prepare a sustainable community strategy setting out a vision for the future of their area.