The City Council is involved with and has a wide range of responsibilities for Housing. This section of the website covers a variety of areas related to housing, including, council housing, applying for housing, home improvements, grants, refuse and recycling, and much more.
Housing survey to establish the number of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) in Stanmore.
- Council Housing & Tenants We manage and maintain over 5000 council properties throughout the Winchester district.
- Independent Living An alarm system, which enables you to call for help in an emergency. It operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- New Affordable Housing The cost and affordability of housing in Winchester District is a serious problem. Providing affordable housing can help tackle these problems and delivering new homes is a Council priority.
- Research Evidence base regarding Housing
- Rough Sleeper What to do if you find someone sleeping rough
- Garages Applications Almost 2000 lock up garages are available for rent across the district by Council tenants or private individuals.
- Hampshire Home Choice A choice based lettings system allowing you to register for housing and bid for properties.
- Homelessness Help and advice for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- Private Housing Information for landlords and regarding private housing.
- Supported & Sheltered Housing Information about supported housing for a range of groups.
- Community Alarms Lifeline is an alarm system that allows you to call for help day or night, 365 days a year. This automatically alerts the Alarm Monitoring Centre so they can assess what help is required.
- Tenant Involvement The City Council is committed to tenant involvement and actively encourages and improves participation and consultation.
- TACT (Tenants & Council Together) An independent group of tenants and leaseholders working in partnership with Winchester City Council.
- Right to Buy How you may be able to purchase your council property under the Right ot Buy scheme.
- Disabled Adaptations Information about adaptions and disabled facilities grants.
- Housing Strategies & Policies A list of housing strategies and policies available to view and download.